March was an interesting one in Misfitsland...highlighted by the arrival of an adorable little baby girl for @danieltobin and his wife! Little V was so excited to get here that she simply couldn’t wait until she was done cooking, so she gave Mom and Dad a little scare by arriving early...but she is one tough little cookie, and she is getting stronger by the day!
We welcomed @Patriot_Musket as the first new Misfit in several months, and said goodbye to one other who shall remain nameless because once you leave like that you are dead to us. DEAD TO US!!! And we led a handful of outrageously funny #MisfitMischiefs to spice up Friday Night Twitter (tune in tonight, around 7:00…)
In total, the Misfits wrote 11 original pieces and our guests contributed 4 others. In addition, there were four #AskAlex’s and an #OldManYellsAtCloud. As always, some pieces drew more attention than others, so we’d like to count down the 10 most widely read and talked about pieces from the Month of March:
10) Ask Alex - March 3, March 10, March 17, March 24, March 31. Individually, then ranked as anywhere from the 6th to 15th most read pieces, but we will kick off the list by including them all together. We can’t possibly cover all of this nonsense in one paragraph, so you will just need to read this outrageousness when it comes out every Friday.
9) Guest contributor @RaymondWPS used Bill O’Reilly as an example to tackle the overuse of easy personal attacks at the cost of our own dignity in “Living in America.”
8) @danieltobin wrote “Obama Hurt the Cause of Illegal Immigrants” on the very last day of February, detailing the ways that the previous President set back the cause of those he claimed to help.
7) Just about one month later, after the hubbub of the new baby, Dan gave us “Conservatives in the Hands of an Angry Mob”, talking about the dangerous thinking on the right that gave us Trumpism and threatens to derail the GOP.
6) @LunaticRex didn’t like what he was hearing from some corners of Twitter, so he wrote a little Misfits Love Letter in “Friends in Low Place”. Don’t look now, but Rex has feelings!
5) When she wasn’t dishing out rock-solid life advice (caveat emptor), @VerumVulnero1 walked through the lies that we have been telling ourselves, and letting our politicians tell us, about healthcare for years, and reminded readers that “There Are No Free Rides.”
4) “Alex Hates Old People” is probably the most descriptive title we’ve ever had on a piece at MisfitsPolitics.com. Alex pulls no punches in this scathing takedown of the culture of entitlement rampant in older Americans.
3) Chelie made her debut as a Misfits Contributor with an eye-opening first-person account of the challenges involved in living with Type I Diabetes.
2) Musket’s debut Misfits piece, “You’re Solving the Wrong Problem”, goes a step further than Alex’s healthcare piece and hammers at some of the drivers of health care costs. Those drivers are, not surprisingly, different from the “problems” that Congress is trying to solve.
1) On the same day as Musket’s health care piece, @Molratty took on Al Franken’s idiocy specifically and the absurdity of Senate confirmation hearings more generally with “Theater of the Absurd”.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this month as much as we have, and we can’t wait to get started on April!
Just a gaggle of people from all over who have similar interests and loud opinions mixed with a dose of humor. We met on Twitter.